Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A recipe warm-up

I really couldn't stand it - waiting to get started on French Fridays with Dorie, so had to whip up some of my instant-gratification bread: a no-fuss focaccia from the King Arthur Flour website http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/blitz-bread-no-fuss-focaccia-recipe

It's the easiest thing in the world. Just mix everything together in a stand mixer, then place in a prepared pan. This is what it looks like 1 hour later. (I use the pizza dough flavor from KAF)
Once it's risen, poke holes in it, add olive oil, and then herbs as you prefer. I used Penzey's Mural of Flavor. I also like to add some sea salt. Plain is nice too!

Pop it into the oven, and then 35-40 minutes later... it looks gorgeous. You can eat it right away, but it's much better after it's cooled. In about 2 hours - you have some really wonderful bread!

We had it with pulled pork and some quick coleslaw - not traditional, but delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment