Wednesday, October 13, 2010

around my French table

Not content with "only" making the recipe of the week, I've made a couple of other things from the book...

I made "creamy, cheesy, garlicky rice with spinach" the other night (p380). I looked to see what I could make with what I had on hand. The "French" version of risotto was wonderful, easy, and very delicious. I did dress it up with a drizzle of truffle oil.

I also made "roast chicken for les paresseux" (for lazy people... fitting! p200). I'm looking forward to trying this again, as I probably overcooked. But still delicious. With the leftovers, I made a recipe from another favorite cookbook, The Taste of Mexico. Enchiladas Verdes Estilo Meson Santa Rosa... Chicken enchiladas with a green sauce of tomatillos and chiles.

Just made mt next ffwd Dorie recipe, but can't say anything yet! Will have to wait until Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment